as minhas coisas favoritas, e outras que não o são, pois nem sempre se tem o que se quer
my favourite things, and others that are not, as we don't ever get what we want

2008/10/25

lilly von schtupp, the bavaria bombshell herself

·
dando uma volta por aqui reencontrei a minha querida marlene a cantar o "falling in love again" post'ado num dia em que não conseguia ouvir nada mais
como agora, embora não melhor que isso será sempre impossível, vai-se andando mais fresco, coloco aqui a outra grande senhora dos palcos de cabaret com pronúncia de knackwurst

going around here on the blog, found dear marlene dietrich singing "falling in love again" posted on a day where nothing else could be heard
as now, while not well because that is just impossible, i'm a little bit better, i post here the other cabaret stage great lady with a knockwurst acce
nt

lilly von schtupp


madeleine khan
i'm tired
blazing saddles, mel brooks (1974)

Here I stand, the goddess of Desire,
set men on fire,
I have this power,
morning noon and night it's drink and dancing,
some quick romancing,
and then a shower,
stage door johnnies constantly surround me,
they always hound me,
with one request,
who can satisfy their lustful habits,
I'm not a rabbit!
I need some rest!

I'm tired,
sick and tired of love,
I've had my fill of love,
from below and above,
tired,
tired of being admired,
tired of love uninspired,
let's face it,
I'm tired!

I've been with thousands of men,
again and again,
they promise the moon,
they always coming and going,
and going and coming,
and always too soon!
Right girls?

I'm tired,
tired of playing the game,
ain't it a crying shame?
I'm so tired,
God dammit I'm exhausted!

Hello cowboy, what's your name?
Tex 'mam
Tex 'mam ? Tell me Tex'mam, are you in show business?
No
We'll then why don't you get your freaking feet off here
La ha
Ah ha he hu...
Hello handsome, is that a ten gallon hat? Or are you just enjoying the show?
Ah ha ah...
Oh miss lilly, oh my lovely lady, oh my pussy cat, put it there baby, put it... ohhhhh

I'm tired,
tired of playing the game,
ain't it a crying shame,
I'm so tired

[soldiers:]
she's tired
-she's tired
sick and tired of love
-give her a break
she's had her fill of love
-she's not a snake
from bellow and above
-can't you see she's sick?
tired
-she's bushed
tired of being admired
-let her alone
tired of love uninspired
-get off the phone
she's tired
-don't you know she's pooped?

I've been with thousands of men,
again and again,
they sing the same toon,
they start with Byron and Shelly,
and jump on your belly,
and bust your ballon!
aye!
tired,
tired of playing the game,
ain't it a freakin shame,
I'm so...
let's face it,
everything below the waste is kapput!

4 comentários:

Francisco disse...

Eu nem gosto de musicais! Mas este não está mal. O decor é fabuloso!!!

do Ó Pires de Sousa disse...

musicais?!
ó iletrado cinematográfico, isto é mel brooks, na sua histeria farwestiana!

lá porque uma gaja canta é logo musical!
irra para a tara do puto contra os musicais!!

Francisco disse...

Eu nem gosto de westerns! Mas este não está mal. O decor é fabuloso!!!

do Ó Pires de Sousa disse...

eu até o ia questionar sobre esta sua recente apetência pela arte da cenografia, quando me ocorreu antes perguntar:

não tens por aí um porquinho mais ou menos do teu tamanho?! pois não?!